Teen injured in solo crash
February 19, 2013
A Nevada County teen was injured when he allegedly fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road early Monday morning.
Joseph McCormack, 18, was driving westbound on Highway 20 near Manzanita Diggins when he fell asleep at about 12:45 a.m., said California Highway Patrol Officer Dina Hernandez.
According to dispatch reports, McCormack ran off the road and into a tree.
McCormack’s vehicle sustained significant damage, Hernandez said. He was complaining of pain and was transported to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital. His condition was unavailable as of press time.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back