Teen injured in solo crash
February 19, 2013
A Nevada County teen was injured when he allegedly fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road early Monday morning.
Joseph McCormack, 18, was driving westbound on Highway 20 near Manzanita Diggins when he fell asleep at about 12:45 a.m., said California Highway Patrol Officer Dina Hernandez.
According to dispatch reports, McCormack ran off the road and into a tree.
McCormack's vehicle sustained significant damage, Hernandez said. He was complaining of pain and was transported to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital. His condition was unavailable as of press time.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Nevada County Captures: Firefighters battle fires; scenes from local fires