Teen injured in solo crash
February 19, 2013
A Nevada County teen was injured when he allegedly fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road early Monday morning.
Joseph McCormack, 18, was driving westbound on Highway 20 near Manzanita Diggins when he fell asleep at about 12:45 a.m., said California Highway Patrol Officer Dina Hernandez.
According to dispatch reports, McCormack ran off the road and into a tree.
McCormack’s vehicle sustained significant damage, Hernandez said. He was complaining of pain and was transported to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital. His condition was unavailable as of press time.
Trending In: Local News
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Callers report Chinese hackers, clown in trees