Teen injured in solo crash
February 19, 2013
A Nevada County teen was injured when he allegedly fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road early Monday morning.
Joseph McCormack, 18, was driving westbound on Highway 20 near Manzanita Diggins when he fell asleep at about 12:45 a.m., said California Highway Patrol Officer Dina Hernandez.
According to dispatch reports, McCormack ran off the road and into a tree.
McCormack's vehicle sustained significant damage, Hernandez said. He was complaining of pain and was transported to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital. His condition was unavailable as of press time.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation
- Grass Valley police accuse man of stealing lumber from construction site
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners