Teen injured in solo crash
February 19, 2013
A Nevada County teen was injured when he allegedly fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road early Monday morning.
Joseph McCormack, 18, was driving westbound on Highway 20 near Manzanita Diggins when he fell asleep at about 12:45 a.m., said California Highway Patrol Officer Dina Hernandez.
According to dispatch reports, McCormack ran off the road and into a tree.
McCormack's vehicle sustained significant damage, Hernandez said. He was complaining of pain and was transported to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital. His condition was unavailable as of press time.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball