Teen couple arrested in alleged booze theft
May 18, 2013
A 19-year-old woman and a 17-year-old boy were arrested Wednesday afternoon by Grass Valley Police officers after the couple allegedly tried to shoplift booze, soda and condoms.
"They both had hatched a plan to steal alcohol," said Sgt. Steve Johnson. "They went in with large black bags, took several bottles of hard liquor and tried to flee. But two minors running out with large black bags that were clinking caught the attention of the loss prevention officer."
The two were detained just before 5 p.m. and turned over to police officers, who allegedly found two bottles of vodka (Skyy and Smirnoff), a bottle of Jack Daniels whiskey, Orange Crush soda and condoms in the bags. The boy was cited and released to a parent.
Sarah May Mooney, of Grass Valley, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary, criminal conspiracy, being a minor in possession of alcohol and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. She was being held in county jail in lieu of $11,500 bail.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, e-mail email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley woman, fiancée die in Cascade Fire
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation
- Grass Valley police accuse man of stealing lumber from construction site