Teacher arrested for allegedly having sex with boy
January 23, 2013
AUBURN, Calif. — Authorities say a teacher in Northern California is facing charges for having an inappropriate sexual relationship with a former student.
The Placer County Sheriff’s Department said Thursday that 35-year-old Jennifer Lynn Woods was arrested on Jan. 10 stemming from an apparent year-long relationship that happened while the boy was 16 and 17.
Woods was released from the county jail after posting $100,000 bail on the same day of her arrest. She is scheduled to make her first appearance in court on Feb. 4.
Authorities say that the boy was a former student of Woods. He has since transferred to another school.
Woods, who lives in Granite Bay, is listed on the Placer County Office of Education’s website as being an employee with the district’s Emotionally Disturbed Program.
Calls placed to Woods on Thursday were not immediately returned.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project