Teacher arrested for allegedly having sex with boy
January 23, 2013
AUBURN, Calif. — Authorities say a teacher in Northern California is facing charges for having an inappropriate sexual relationship with a former student.
The Placer County Sheriff's Department said Thursday that 35-year-old Jennifer Lynn Woods was arrested on Jan. 10 stemming from an apparent year-long relationship that happened while the boy was 16 and 17.
Woods was released from the county jail after posting $100,000 bail on the same day of her arrest. She is scheduled to make her first appearance in court on Feb. 4.
Authorities say that the boy was a former student of Woods. He has since transferred to another school.
Woods, who lives in Granite Bay, is listed on the Placer County Office of Education's website as being an employee with the district's Emotionally Disturbed Program.
Calls placed to Woods on Thursday were not immediately returned.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin