Suspects sought in Grass Valley home invasion robbery
July 17, 2013
Nevada County Sheriff’s detectives are investigating a reported home invasion robbery involving three men and a woman early Wednesday morning.
The victim called 911 just before 2 a.m. to report an attempted residential burglary in the 13000 block of Meadow View Drive, according to dispatch reports. He initially reported that the suspects broke a window and tried to assault someone before leaving.
When deputies arrived, the victim told them that three masked persons with firearms stole $1,000 from him, said Lt. Steve Tripp. One of the suspects reportedly pistol-whipped the man in the face, causing him to lose consciousness and leaving a laceration at the top of the man’s nose.
“We’re trying to substantiate the information,” Tripp said. “We did recover a firearm in the area.”
A be-on-the-lookout advisory was issued for a woman who was with three men in a brown BMW in the incident, which remains under investigation.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Autumn activities: Bridgeport Fall Festival (Photo Gallery)