Sunday event offers opportunity to support YubaNet editor
January 5, 2014
A Sunday event offers the community a chance to catch some live music and to show its support for YubaNet editor Pascale Fusshoeller, who was detained in October and put on an immigration hold after a routine traffic stop.
Though her deportation order was cancelled, Fusshoeller and her wife, Susan Levitz, incurred costly expenses in legal bills, fines and legal fees required in the green card process.
From 2-6 p.m. Sunday, a fundraiser will be held at the Miners Foundry Cultural Center in Nevada City, offering gourmet food, a no-host bar and music by Eleanore MacDonald and Paul Kamm, as well as by Achilles Wheel. There will also be auction items donated by local businesses, providing a chance to pick up quality art, vacation packages, baskets of goodies and much more.
Tickets are available at http://www.YayPascale.com and at the door for a suggested donation of $10.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person covered in blood at pool
- Never again: Nevada City filmmaker produces series on incarceration of Japanese during WWII
- Nevada County murder suspect Maurice Rogers seeks to toss evidence
- 14,000 pounds of trash pulled from Nevada County waterways by nearly 900 SYRCL volunteers