Sunday event offers opportunity to support YubaNet editor
January 5, 2014
A Sunday event offers the community a chance to catch some live music and to show its support for YubaNet editor Pascale Fusshoeller, who was detained in October and put on an immigration hold after a routine traffic stop.
Though her deportation order was cancelled, Fusshoeller and her wife, Susan Levitz, incurred costly expenses in legal bills, fines and legal fees required in the green card process.
From 2-6 p.m. Sunday, a fundraiser will be held at the Miners Foundry Cultural Center in Nevada City, offering gourmet food, a no-host bar and music by Eleanore MacDonald and Paul Kamm, as well as by Achilles Wheel. There will also be auction items donated by local businesses, providing a chance to pick up quality art, vacation packages, baskets of goodies and much more.
Tickets are available at http://www.YayPascale.com and at the door for a suggested donation of $10.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball