Stuff the Pack raises nearly $20K
July 2, 2014
Volunteers from Nevada County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue fanned out across the county over the weekend for the nonprofit group’s annual Stuff the Pack fundraiser.
NCSSAR is a nonprofit organization made up of approximately 120 active volunteer members who regularly put themselves in harm’s way in order to search for a missing hiker or skier in Nevada County’s sometimes deceptively dangerous backcountry. Since Jan. 1, the team has been a part of 24 search and rescue missions.
During Stuff the Pack, 55 team members participated throughout Western Nevada County including CVS at Higgins Corner, Kmart, Grass Valley SPD and the Pine Creek Center, the Fowler Center with SaveMart and B&C Hardware, Nevada City SPD, Safeway, CVS, Rite Aid and Grocery Outlet.
The team raised $19,650, which exceeded last year’s total.
The funds will go a long way to replace worn equipment, training expenses and improve the capabilities of the team.
Trending In: Local News
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Callers report Chinese hackers, clown in trees