Students use skills for good
May 23, 2013
Seven Hills students, along with parent, teacher and community volunteers, traveled to the Sacramento Loaves and Fishes facility recently to repair client's bicycles and raffle off almost 50 bicycles that had been rebuilt by the Bicycle Recycle Project at the school in Nevada City.
This is the 13th year that Nevada City School District students have donated a Saturday to help meet the needs Sacramento's large homeless population.
Unable to afford cars, many homeless people are dependent on bicycles to meet their transportation needs.
It often takes more than one student mechanic to repair all the problems on a particular bicycle.
For more about Seven Hills and its programs, visit http://sevenhills.ca.ncs.schoolinsites.com/.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier