Stolen chickens and found puppies in Police Blotter
October 30, 2013
Grass Valley Police Department
7:50 a.m. — A caller from the 200 block of Sutton Way reported a neighbor attempting to get in her door, again. She called back twice to report hearing the neighbor talk about knives and explosives.
10:04 a.m. — A caller from the 300 block of Crown Point Circle reported the theft of gasoline from county vehicles during the night.
1:11 p.m. — A caller from the West Empire Street exit of Highway 49 reported that a trailer hit a traffic light and knocked it over near the overpass.
3:18 p.m. — A caller at a business on the 100 block of West Main Street reported the theft of merchandise.
12:41 a.m. — A called from the 100 block of South Auburn Street reported an automotive theft.
Nevada County Sheriff's Office
10:22 a.m. — A caller from the 14200 block of Torrey Pines Drive reported a burglary.
11:20 a.m. — A caller at a motel on the 13400 block of Highway 49 reported finding a needle in their room.
2:43 p.m. — A caller from the 18800 block of Gopher Lane reported the discovery of five puppies.
6:01 p.m. — A caller from the 12300 block of Madrona Way reported the theft of four chickens and a rooster.
6:57 p.m. — A caller near the intersection of Carrie and Lorie drives reported a fallen tree in the roadway that had hit electrical wires.
7:41 p.m. — A caller near the intersection of La Barr Meadows and Dog Bar roads reported a man standing over a wounded deer, requesting assistance, "very upset and refusing to leave."
Nevada City Police Department
12:24 a.m. — A caller near the intersection of Nevada and Grove streets reported an individual walking and bleeding like someone hit him, but he did not want to speak when the caller stopped to inquire.
— Christopher Rosacker
Trending In: Local News
- Humpty Dumpty’s Shirley Tellam to retire after six decades of service
- Strawberry Music Festival celebrates its fourth year in Nevada County
- Honoring Memorial Day in Nevada County
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story