Spot fires extinguished on Highway 49
July 9, 2014
A quick response by firefighters contained a number of small spot fires along Highway 49 Monday morning.
Nevada County Consolidated Fire crews responded to the reported fires at about 11:45 a.m., south of Lime Kiln Road.
They arrived to find five separate fires along the side of the road, with the largest being about 20 by 20 feet, said Fire Division Chief Jerry Funk. Crews quickly contained the spot fires, with the likely cause being a catalytic converter whose remnants were found at the scene.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person covered in blood at pool
- Never again: Nevada City filmmaker produces series on incarceration of Japanese during WWII
- Nevada County murder suspect Maurice Rogers seeks to toss evidence
- 14,000 pounds of trash pulled from Nevada County waterways by nearly 900 SYRCL volunteers