Spot fires extinguished on Highway 49
July 9, 2014
A quick response by firefighters contained a number of small spot fires along Highway 49 Monday morning.
Nevada County Consolidated Fire crews responded to the reported fires at about 11:45 a.m., south of Lime Kiln Road.
They arrived to find five separate fires along the side of the road, with the largest being about 20 by 20 feet, said Fire Division Chief Jerry Funk. Crews quickly contained the spot fires, with the likely cause being a catalytic converter whose remnants were found at the scene.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier