Spirituality Café and book club now offered
March 6, 2014
Local Baha'is are hosting the Spirituality Café and Spiritual Book Club at 1 p.m. on alternating Sunday afternoons at the Madeline Helling Library Community Room.
The Spirituality Café features inspirational readings and discussion on the theme of the day. The schedule for the café will rotate with the book club, so that one or the other will be offered every other Sunday. Complimentary coffee and tea will be provided. This Sunday the theme is "The Journey of the Soul." On March 16, the café will investigate "Love and Forgiveness."
The Spiritual Book Club will meet twice in March to discuss "Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life," by Karen Armstrong. An evening group will meet at 7 to 8:30 p.m. March 27 at 138 New Mohawk Road, Nevada City, in the conference room upstairs and through double doors. And the afternoon group will meet at 1 p.m. March 30 at the Madelyn Helling Library Community Room.
Both events are open to everyone. An updated schedule of dates and topics is posted at http://www.nevadacountyca.local.bahai.us under Devotional Gatherings and Discussions or call 530-477-7017.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash