Some schools canceled for Tuesday
December 10, 2013
Officials have announced that some Nevada County schools will be closed Tuesday due to icy and unsafe conditions on the roadways.
Schools were closed Monday for the same reasons. Temperatures are expected to remain above freezing throughout the day Tuesday, hovering in the mid- to high 40s in the afternoon, then dropping to the low 30s at night.
Grass Valley School District, Nevada City School District, Nevada Joint Union High School District and Pleasant Ridge School District have all confirmed school will not be in session Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial