Some schools canceled for Tuesday
December 10, 2013
Officials have announced that some Nevada County schools will be closed Tuesday due to icy and unsafe conditions on the roadways.
Schools were closed Monday for the same reasons. Temperatures are expected to remain above freezing throughout the day Tuesday, hovering in the mid- to high 40s in the afternoon, then dropping to the low 30s at night.
Grass Valley School District, Nevada City School District, Nevada Joint Union High School District and Pleasant Ridge School District have all confirmed school will not be in session Tuesday.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project
- Police blotter: Koran-quoting caller spawns terrorist concerns