Some schools canceled for Tuesday
December 10, 2013
Officials have announced that some Nevada County schools will be closed Tuesday due to icy and unsafe conditions on the roadways.
Schools were closed Monday for the same reasons. Temperatures are expected to remain above freezing throughout the day Tuesday, hovering in the mid- to high 40s in the afternoon, then dropping to the low 30s at night.
Grass Valley School District, Nevada City School District, Nevada Joint Union High School District and Pleasant Ridge School District have all confirmed school will not be in session Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Nevada County Captures: Firefighters battle fires; scenes from local fires