Some schools canceled for Tuesday
December 10, 2013
Officials have announced that some Nevada County schools will be closed Tuesday due to icy and unsafe conditions on the roadways.
Schools were closed Monday for the same reasons. Temperatures are expected to remain above freezing throughout the day Tuesday, hovering in the mid- to high 40s in the afternoon, then dropping to the low 30s at night.
Grass Valley School District, Nevada City School District, Nevada Joint Union High School District and Pleasant Ridge School District have all confirmed school will not be in session Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Water and compliance issues bring cannabis advocates, county officials to the table