Solo wrecks send one to jail, one to hospital
July 22, 2014
A Carson City man was flown to a Chico hospital Saturday after his vehicle rolled 150 feet down a cliff.
Dennis Arnoldi. 66, was driving a Dodge truck on Highway 49 north of Downieville at about 4:50 p.m. when he drove off a 150-foot cliff, possibly due to medical issues, said California Highway Patrol Officer Justin Barnthouse.
The truck rolled and hit several trees before coming to rest on the bank of the Yuba River, Barnthouse said.
Arnoldi reportedly self-extricated and crawled up the cliff to the roadway for help. He was flown by helicopter to Enloe Medical Center in Chico with a skull fracture and multiple cuts on his arms and face.
A Reno man was taken into custody on drunken driving charges after he crashed his Chevrolet Silverado Saturday.
Joshua Joey Campbell, 22, was driving westbound on Maybert Road east of Washington Road at about 7 p.m. when he struck a rock wall, injuring his 4-year-old son.
The boy was transported to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital, treated and released.
Campbell was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence, causing bodily injury, child endangerment, and driving without a license. He was booked into county jail and released on $75,331 bail.
Trending In: Local News
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Police blotter: Callers report Chinese hackers, clown in trees
- Grass Valley shooting death reportedly suicide