Smartsville trailer engulfed in flames
February 19, 2014
A fifth wheel travel trailer engulfed in flames lit up the sky at about 9 p.m. Friday on Mooney Flat Road in Smartsville.
The owner reportedly was trying to fix a propane generator inside the trailer. After he left for a moment, he saw smoke coming out of the trailer.
After opening the door, it only took a few minutes for the flames to reach 25 feet up in the air.
An adjacent building was saved by the quick response of the Smartsville and Penn Valley fire departments.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law