Sierra Theatres donates to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County
August 20, 2014
Sierra Theaters has donated $1,500 to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County. The donation is a portion of the proceeds from the Summer Movies for Kids series held at the Del Oro Theatre in Grass Valley this summer.
Since 2011, Sierra Theaters has been showing movies for kids in the mornings at bargain prices during the summer.
Attendance has been steadily increasing every year, and 2014 was the most successful year to date, with nearly 4,000 tickets sold over the eight weeks.
The series serves the children in the community, so it seemed a natural fit to partner with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County, a local organization dedicated to improving the lives of children.
Thanks to four generous community sponsors — Grass Valley School District, Pete's Pizza, The Artist Workshop, and Gold Country Kuk Sool Won — and record attendance, Sierra Theaters was able to grant $1,500 to Big Brothers Big Sisters in recognition of its important work in the community.
Trending In: Local News
- Humpty Dumpty’s Shirley Tellam to retire after six decades of service
- Strawberry Music Festival celebrates its fourth year in Nevada County
- Honoring Memorial Day in Nevada County
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story