Sierra Theatres donates to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County
August 20, 2014
Sierra Theaters has donated $1,500 to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County. The donation is a portion of the proceeds from the Summer Movies for Kids series held at the Del Oro Theatre in Grass Valley this summer.
Since 2011, Sierra Theaters has been showing movies for kids in the mornings at bargain prices during the summer.
Attendance has been steadily increasing every year, and 2014 was the most successful year to date, with nearly 4,000 tickets sold over the eight weeks.
The series serves the children in the community, so it seemed a natural fit to partner with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County, a local organization dedicated to improving the lives of children.
Thanks to four generous community sponsors — Grass Valley School District, Pete's Pizza, The Artist Workshop, and Gold Country Kuk Sool Won — and record attendance, Sierra Theaters was able to grant $1,500 to Big Brothers Big Sisters in recognition of its important work in the community.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Nevada County Captures: Firefighters battle fires; scenes from local fires