Sierra College Orchestra concert canceled due to leak
December 5, 2012
The Sierra College Orchestra had planned to perform in concert Friday night, but that was before the performing arts building experienced leaking and damages from heavy rainfall from the storm that hit Nevada County last weekend.
"There were some leaks in the building over the weekend," said Sue Michaels, Sierra College manager of marketing and public relations. "I don't have an estimate of how much damage."
The concert will be postponed until spring, leaving the orchestra members even more time to prepare.
"Well, we will definitely have the music memorized," said first violinist Joyce Berthiaume.
— Jennifer Terman
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws