Shop fire quickly contained
March 12, 2014
Firefighters from the Ophir Hill Fire Department responded to a shop on fire in the vicinity of Osborne Hill Road on Saturday afternoon.
Battalion Chief Clint Carson says the call was received by dispatch at approximately 2:30 p.m. Firefighters were on scene within four to five minutes, and the fire was contained within 15 minutes of arrival.
In total, it took only 20 minutes. "There was really nothing unusual about it," said Chief Carson. "It was Ophir Hill assisted by Grass Valley Consolidated and Cal Fire."
Carson also said the fire was caused by embers escaping from a nearby burn pile. The landowner responsible for the burn pile did have the proper permits and paperwork.
No injuries were reported as a result of the incident, but property damage estimates were not available by deadline.
To contact staff writer Dave Brooksher, send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4230.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville