Sheriff’s official: California teen found dead in Tahoe appears to have been disoriented
January 16, 2013
Authorities say a California teen who was found dead in South Lake Tahoe after going missing appears to have taken off her ski jacket and become disoriented while walking.
Nineteen-year-old Alyssa Byrne of Petaluma was found near a snow bank by a utility worker on Friday.
Byrne had attended a music festival and may have tried to walk three miles in freezing weather to her hotel in Stateline, Nev.
El Dorado County Sheriff's Lt. Pete Van Arnum told the Press Democrat of Santa Rosa (http://bit.ly/Zmt4P3) in a story Monday that Byrne's boot prints suggested disorientation. Authorities do not suspect foul play or suicide.
They will try to determine if drugs or alcohol were a factor.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (video)
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations (VIDEO)