SEDCorp CEO retires; new CEO named
August 21, 2013
The Sierra Economic Development Corporation has announced the appointment of Randy S. Wagner as chief executive officer, succeeding Brent Smith, who is retiring as CEO at the end of August.
Wagner hails from Auburn where he has been a long-term resident and active community leader serving on both the city of Auburn's Economic Development Commission and Auburn Placer Performing Arts Center Board of Directors.
Wagner is also a 2012 graduate of the Leadership Auburn program.
Prior to joining SEDCorp, Wagner spent 32 years with Hewlett-Packard where much of the time he served as a service executive responsible for leading, developing and managing global, regional and national service businesses, often recognized as "industry best-in-class" programs.
The public is invited to attend a hail and farewell reception 3-5 p.m. Aug. 28 at the SEDCorp office, 560 Wall St., Suite F, Auburn.
The Sierra Economic Development Corporation is a private nonprofit organization devoted to supporting the economic development of the rural communities north and east of Sacramento.
Trending In: Local News
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier