Search under way for man missing in Jackson Meadows area
July 16, 2014
At approximately 12:30 p.m. Monday, the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a missing person in the Jackson Meadows area.
Jerome Barr, 69, is an employee of California Land Management, according to a press release. He currently lives in employee housing at the Woodcamp Campground on the south end of Jackson Meadows Campground.
Between 12:30-1 p.m. on Sunday, Barr left the complex en route to Logger campground at Stampede Reservoir in Sierra County.
Barr was described by witnesses prior to him leaving as being disoriented and possibly affected by the heat. Barr did not arrive at his location and his whereabouts are currently unknown.
An air search was conducted with negative results.
Jerome Barr is described as 6-foot-4, 210 pounds, with grey hair and blue eyes. He possibly was wearing blue jeans and a blue button down shirt.
He was last seen driving a 2013 Nissan Frontier pick-up that is white in color with a beige, burgundy and green stripe on the lower panel.
There is a “Tahoe Recreation” logo on the door. The license plate is either 67354M1 or 67350M1.
Anyone with any information can contact the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office at 530-265-1471.
Trending In: Local News
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Police blotter: Callers report Chinese hackers, clown in trees
- Grass Valley shooting death reportedly suicide