School consolidation meeting Wednesday night
January 23, 2013
Grass Valley and Nevada City school districts will convene tonight to determine if they wish to develop a petition to proceed in the consolidation process.
At a Dec. 5 meeting, the boards agreed to develop a document explaining the reasons for consolidation and to look at the revenues from both districts to analyze the financial impact of consolidation, which will be released at today's meeting, at 6 p.m. at the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools/Houser Room at 112 Nevada City Highway.
The boards will be deciding whether to take action or try to gain more information and/or community input, said Eric Fredrickson, Grass Valley School District superintendent.
"I'm not getting a feel either way," Fredrickson said. "I think both boards still want to know more information and I know budget was one of the concerns and there will be a presentation about the financial impact. We left the agenda pretty open so the board can wait or take action.
"I think there's a lot of community interest," Fredrickson said. "I think that's the whole idea that the community needs to get informed and involved and I think there's been much more awareness
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County