Sacramento deputy to be arraigned for child molestation in Nevada County
November 5, 2013
Former Sacramento County Sheriff's Deputy Donald Black is set to be arraigned on child molestation charges Monday.
Black was arrested in late September for allegedly molesting a boy for several years, starting when the victim was 14.
The deputy, identified as Donald Black, has worked for Sacramento County for at least 10 years, said Nevada County Sheriff Keith Royal.
Nevada County District Attorney Cliff Newell filed a formal complaint Friday, charging Black with five felony counts alleging lewd or lascivious acts with a child of 14 or 15 years. He is also charged with four misdemeanor counts of unauthorized possession of anabolic steroids.
"Based upon the continuing investigation of the Nevada County Sheriff's Office and further review of the victim's statements and evidence seized, the District Attorney's Office believes there is sufficient evidence to prove that the conduct alleged was not an isolated incident but rather multiple acts occurring in 2006 and 2007 at Black's home," Newell said in a prepared statement.
Black will be arraigned at 9 a.m. on Monday in Nevada County Superior Court. He is out of custody on $100,000 bail.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Nevada County’s evacuees take stock after homes destroyed by fire
- Lake Wildwood beaches still closed; no-swim advisory expanded