Sacramento County deputy arrest in child molest case
September 26, 2013
A longtime Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputy who lives in South County was arrested Tuesday for allegedly molesting a 14-year-old boy.
The deputy, identified as Donald Black, has worked for Sacramento County for at least 10 years, said Nevada County Sheriff Keith Royal.
Nevada County Sheriff’s deputies developed information that Black had molested the victim, who is now 21, for several years starting when he was 14, Royal said.
Detectives contacted Black at his work in Sacramento County and took him into custody Tuesday afternoon.
He is being charged with five counts of lewd acts on a child 14 or younger, Royal said.
It is not known at the point if there are other victims, Royal said, adding that the investigation is ongoing.
Black was booked into county jail in lieu of $100,000 bail.
Contact City Editor Liz Kellar via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project