Runner raising rural representation awareness hits Grass Valley Monday
July 20, 2017
On July 29th, Herve' Leconte, a 57-year old resident of El Dorado County, will begin his 12 day, 500-mile run, from Sonora in Tuolumne County, ending his final leg of the run in Siskiyou County. Leconte will travel through 15 rural counties of Northern California, aka State of Jefferson, that encompasses a total of 21 counties.
Leconte will be in Grass Valley from 6 to 8 p.m. on Monday, where a rally is scheduled at the "three stamp mill" on the corner of South Auburn Street and Main Street.
Leconte is a native of France, becoming a proud American in 2000. He and his wife Julie, became immediate supporters of Jefferson in 2015, after attending a State of Jefferson El Dorado County Town Hall.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin