Rincon Del Rio hearing slated for supes today
April 9, 2013
Today's meeting of the Nevada County Board of Supervisors will include a public hearing to consider the several applications by Rincon Del Rio Continuing Care Retirement Community, including the certification of a Final Environmental Impact Report and a General Plan Amendment to add a new land use designation for Continuing Care Retirement Community.
In February, the county's planning commission voted 3-2 to forward the controversial project to the board of supervisors for final approval. Compliance with the Nevada County General Plan was at the center of the debate during the five-hour public hearing, which followed on the heels of an equally lengthy public hearing on the same project that took place in late January.
Rincon Del Rio is proposed to be located one-half mile east of Highway 49, just south of the Lake of the Pines community. The proposal calls for the development of a 215-acre site that encompasses four separate parcels near the Bear River that are currently undeveloped. The project as currently configured will provide 345 attached and detached housing units. Plans dictate the development will be clustered on a 40-acre envelope located on the western half of the site with the remaining 170 acres to remain as open space with potential recreational options.
Today's regular meeting of the Nevada County Board of Supervisors is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County