Rep. LaMalfa in Nevada County Friday, this weekend
August 15, 2014
Representative Doug LaMalfa has announced he will be in western Nevada County today and through the weekend, hosting a community meeting and attending a barbecue.
Today, LaMalfa will host a 10 a.m. community meeting with constituents in Grass Valley. Constituents are invited to join LaMalfa and his staff at the Grass Valley City Council Chambers, 125 E. Main St., Grass Valley, to discuss his work in Congress, federal legislation and other issues affecting the North State.
On Sunday, LaMalfa plans to attend the Nevada County Republican Party summer barbecue at 4 p.m. at Penn Valley's Western Gateway Park. Greg Conlon, Republican candidate for State Treasurer of California, will also attend the annual barbecue, along with Lydia Gutierrez, the Republican write-in candidate for State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
Tickets are $35 each and can be purchased by visiting the Nevada County Republican Party website at http://www.nevadacountygop.org.
LaMalfa, a lifelong farmer, represents California's First Congressional District including, Butte, Glenn, Lassen, Modoc, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou and Tehama counties.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier