Real estate agent encounters dead body
April 11, 2013
A Grass Valley real estate agent encountered a dead body as he was showing a house at Lawrence Way on Tuesday afternoon.
Dennis Hicks, a realtor for Network Real Estate, said however he was not unduly shocked by the sight of the dead person, as he served for 17 or 18 years as a volunteer firefighter.
"One of the clients was a little disturbed," Hicks said.
Hicks said he contacted the recently deceased owner of the house on Monday night and they agreed on a time to show the house the following day.
"We got into the house and I announced myself quite loudly, as I always do," Hicks said. "The gentleman was sitting in the chair and was super white. I touched his hand and it was ice cold."
Hicks called the Nevada County Sheriff's Office, who asked him to wait outside until the appropriate responders arrived, he said.
Houses where violent crimes or suicides happen are often difficult to market, Hicks said; however, in the present case it appeared the gentleman expired in his sleep.
"I will continue to show it in hopes of getting a purchase," Hicks said.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email email@example.com or 530-477-4239.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger