Rattlesnake Ridge Estates receives national Firewise award
September 6, 2013
The Rattlesnake Ridge Estates community has received the Firewise Communities award from the National Fire Protection Association for its effort to reduce the vulnerability of homes and landscape to wildfire.
The Firewise Communities program honors those who proactively address the wildfire hazard on the landscape.
The process begins by forming a committee, completing a community wildfire hazard assessment, developing an action plan to implement recommendations, investing in fire prevention activities and hosting an education event.
Communities retain their certification by filing an annual report of ongoing activities.
To learn more, visit http://firewise.org or contact the Fire Safe Council of Nevada County at 530-272-1122 or online at http:// areyoufiresafe.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville