Rally protests Supreme Court campaign contribution ruling
April 4, 2014
Nevada County Move to Amend held a rally at the corner of Brunswick Road and Sutton Way on Wednesday to protest the Supreme Court Ruling, McCutcheon vs. the Federal Elections Commission. The ruling eliminates limits to aggregate campaign contributions by wealthy donors, while keeping intact the limits on spending for individual candidates.
The rally was held in coordination with the national Move to Amend Coalition. Over 140 rallies were held around the United States.
Move to Amend promotes a constitutional amendment stating that corporations are not people, and that money is not speech. The "We the People Amendment" would be the 28th amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin