President of Pleasant Valley Elementary School Parent Club accused of embezzlement
March 14, 2014
A Penn Valley woman serving as president of the Pleasant Valley Elementary School District Parent Club was arrested Wednesday after she reportedly embezzled $11,000 from the organization.
Members of the parent club realized the theft after checking the group’s account, said Nevada County Sheriff Keith Royal.
There should have been about $8,500 in the account and there was only $500, Royal said.
It eventually was determined during the investigation that the group’s president, Michelle Renee Huni, had taken about $11,000 from the account since October, Royal said.
Huni, 35, reportedly spent the money on a cell phone, groceries, for cash and other purchases.
She was taken into custody on suspicion of embezzlement, booked and released on $10,000 bail.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project