Power outage affects nearly 3,000 Nevada City homes
October 29, 2012
A power outage affecting 3,200 customers in the Nevada City area began at 4:15
p.m. Wednesday, power officials said.
By 6 p.m., only 110 customers were without power, and the restoration process was expected to last until at least 8 p.m., said Brandi Ehlers, Pacific Gas & Electric spokeswoman.
The outage was caused by a tree falling on power lines near North Bloomfield Road, Ehlers said.
The initial affected area includes Brunswick Road north to the Lake Vera area and Gold Flat Road west to Reward Street, Ehlers said.
The 110 customers still without power are located near North Bloomfield Road, where the tree fell.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 477-4239.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger