Power outage affects nearly 3,000 Nevada City homes
October 29, 2012
A power outage affecting 3,200 customers in the Nevada City area began at 4:15
p.m. Wednesday, power officials said.
By 6 p.m., only 110 customers were without power, and the restoration process was expected to last until at least 8 p.m., said Brandi Ehlers, Pacific Gas & Electric spokeswoman.
The outage was caused by a tree falling on power lines near North Bloomfield Road, Ehlers said.
The initial affected area includes Brunswick Road north to the Lake Vera area and Gold Flat Road west to Reward Street, Ehlers said.
The 110 customers still without power are located near North Bloomfield Road, where the tree fell.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email email@example.com or call (530) 477-4239.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Nevada County’s evacuees take stock after homes destroyed by fire