Power outage affects 2,500 customers
September 3, 2013
A power outage affecting 2,500 customers struck Nevada City and Grass Valley at 11:30 a.m. today, according to Pacific Gas and Electric spokeswoman J.D. Guidi.
Power was restored at 11:58 a.m., and after an investigation of the cause, equipment failure on a pole was found on the 1500 block of Ridge Road in Nevada City.
Power was downed again to make repairs, and the same 2,500 customers lost power at 3:40 p.m., Guidi said. It was restored at 4:03 p.m.
The cause of the initial outage was unknown as of 6 p.m.
To contact Staff Writer Jennifer Terman, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4230.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County