Power outage affects 2,500 customers
September 3, 2013
A power outage affecting 2,500 customers struck Nevada City and Grass Valley at 11:30 a.m. today, according to Pacific Gas and Electric spokeswoman J.D. Guidi.
Power was restored at 11:58 a.m., and after an investigation of the cause, equipment failure on a pole was found on the 1500 block of Ridge Road in Nevada City.
Power was downed again to make repairs, and the same 2,500 customers lost power at 3:40 p.m., Guidi said. It was restored at 4:03 p.m.
The cause of the initial outage was unknown as of 6 p.m.
To contact Staff Writer Jennifer Terman, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4230.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws