Power outage affects 2,500 customers
September 3, 2013
A power outage affecting 2,500 customers struck Nevada City and Grass Valley at 11:30 a.m. today, according to Pacific Gas and Electric spokeswoman J.D. Guidi.
Power was restored at 11:58 a.m., and after an investigation of the cause, equipment failure on a pole was found on the 1500 block of Ridge Road in Nevada City.
Power was downed again to make repairs, and the same 2,500 customers lost power at 3:40 p.m., Guidi said. It was restored at 4:03 p.m.
The cause of the initial outage was unknown as of 6 p.m.
To contact Staff Writer Jennifer Terman, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4230.
Trending In: Local News
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Gold panning at Bridgeport begins today
- Repairs to PG&E canal expected next week; NID says fix comes just in time
- Honoring Memorial Day in Nevada County
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum