Power outage affects 2,500 customers
September 3, 2013
A power outage affecting 2,500 customers struck Nevada City and Grass Valley at 11:30 a.m. today, according to Pacific Gas and Electric spokeswoman J.D. Guidi.
Power was restored at 11:58 a.m., and after an investigation of the cause, equipment failure on a pole was found on the 1500 block of Ridge Road in Nevada City.
Power was downed again to make repairs, and the same 2,500 customers lost power at 3:40 p.m., Guidi said. It was restored at 4:03 p.m.
The cause of the initial outage was unknown as of 6 p.m.
To contact Staff Writer Jennifer Terman, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4230.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley woman, fiancé die in Cascade Fire
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley police accuse man of stealing lumber from construction site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation