Power outage affects 2,500 customers
September 3, 2013
A power outage affecting 2,500 customers struck Nevada City and Grass Valley at 11:30 a.m. today, according to Pacific Gas and Electric spokeswoman J.D. Guidi.
Power was restored at 11:58 a.m., and after an investigation of the cause, equipment failure on a pole was found on the 1500 block of Ridge Road in Nevada City.
Power was downed again to make repairs, and the same 2,500 customers lost power at 3:40 p.m., Guidi said. It was restored at 4:03 p.m.
The cause of the initial outage was unknown as of 6 p.m.
To contact Staff Writer Jennifer Terman, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4230.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Nevada County’s evacuees take stock after homes destroyed by fire
- Lake Wildwood beaches still closed; no-swim advisory expanded