Postal worker jailed for choking 11-year-old girl
February 6, 2013
COMMERCE — Investigators say a U.S. postal worker choked an 11-year-old girl who laughed at him for accidentally walking into a women's bathroom at a park.
Los Angeles County sheriff's investigators say 55-year-old Daniel Villasensor of Temple City was arrested Monday afternoon and he was booked for investigation of cruelty to a child.
He remains in jail with bail set at $100,000.
The girl told deputies that Villasensor choked her with his hands because she was laughing at him for going into the wrong bathroom at Bristow Park in Commerce.
The Postal Service says Villasensor, a 30-year employee, has been placed on unpaid leave during the investigation.
He was on duty at the time of the incident.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws