Possible drowning victim at Fuller Lake
May 3, 2013
The Nevada County Sheriff’s dive team was called out Monday morning to recover the body of a possible drowning victim at Fuller Lake.
A witness called 911 at about 10 a.m. to report that an elderly man in a canoe was seen falling into the lake and not re-surfacing, said Sheriff Keith Royal.
Calfire responded and the California Highway Patrol helicopter wad called out, Royal said. The man’s submerged body was reportedly spotted, and the dive team was called out to do recovery.
As of Monday afternoon, next of kin had not yet been notified, and a cause of death had not been determined, Royal said.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project