Possible drowning victim at Fuller Lake
May 3, 2013
The Nevada County Sheriff's dive team was called out Monday morning to recover the body of a possible drowning victim at Fuller Lake.
A witness called 911 at about 10 a.m. to report that an elderly man in a canoe was seen falling into the lake and not re-surfacing, said Sheriff Keith Royal.
Calfire responded and the California Highway Patrol helicopter wad called out, Royal said. The man's submerged body was reportedly spotted, and the dive team was called out to do recovery.
As of Monday afternoon, next of kin had not yet been notified, and a cause of death had not been determined, Royal said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- 2 men accused of having exploding devices in western Nevada County
- Nevada, Placer county rivers claim 2 lives over the weekend
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation