Possible drowning victim at Fuller Lake
May 3, 2013
The Nevada County Sheriff's dive team was called out Monday morning to recover the body of a possible drowning victim at Fuller Lake.
A witness called 911 at about 10 a.m. to report that an elderly man in a canoe was seen falling into the lake and not re-surfacing, said Sheriff Keith Royal.
Calfire responded and the California Highway Patrol helicopter wad called out, Royal said. The man's submerged body was reportedly spotted, and the dive team was called out to do recovery.
As of Monday afternoon, next of kin had not yet been notified, and a cause of death had not been determined, Royal said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (video)
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations (VIDEO)