Possible drowning victim at Fuller Lake
May 3, 2013
The Nevada County Sheriff's dive team was called out Monday morning to recover the body of a possible drowning victim at Fuller Lake.
A witness called 911 at about 10 a.m. to report that an elderly man in a canoe was seen falling into the lake and not re-surfacing, said Sheriff Keith Royal.
Calfire responded and the California Highway Patrol helicopter wad called out, Royal said. The man's submerged body was reportedly spotted, and the dive team was called out to do recovery.
As of Monday afternoon, next of kin had not yet been notified, and a cause of death had not been determined, Royal said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Nevada County Captures: Firefighters battle fires; scenes from local fires