Possible drowning victim at Fuller Lake
May 3, 2013
The Nevada County Sheriff's dive team was called out Monday morning to recover the body of a possible drowning victim at Fuller Lake.
A witness called 911 at about 10 a.m. to report that an elderly man in a canoe was seen falling into the lake and not re-surfacing, said Sheriff Keith Royal.
Calfire responded and the California Highway Patrol helicopter wad called out, Royal said. The man's submerged body was reportedly spotted, and the dive team was called out to do recovery.
As of Monday afternoon, next of kin had not yet been notified, and a cause of death had not been determined, Royal said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County