Police blotter: Sheep causes issues
May 6, 2013
Grass Valley Police Department
9:09 a.m. — A caller from the 300 block of Alta Street reported the theft of a purse.
1:30 p.m. — A caller from the 700 block of Freeman Lane reported a man refused to wait in line for items and threw $3 at the cashier. It was not known if that covered the cost of the items. He could not be located.
1:52 p.m. — A caller from the 700 block of Sutton Way reported a shoplifter; the property was recovered.
2:31 p.m. — A caller from Bell Hill School reported a 9-year-old boy was assaulted by another juvenile, who had been suspended.
2:41 p.m. — A caller from the 200 block of Sutton Way reported a physical fight; no one could be located.
3:06 p.m. — A caller from the 200 block of North Church Street reported possible identity theft.
6:08 p.m. — A caller reported the fraudulent use of a bank account.
6:13 p.m. — A caller from the 1500 block of East Main Street reported checks had been left at a business and now were missing.
11:23 p.m. — A man from Henderson Street and Colfax Avenue reported a man assaulted him and then left in a truck.
Nevada County Sheriff's Office
9:54 p.m. — A caller from Black Road reported identity theft.
12:44 p.m. — A caller from the 10000 block of Lazy Valley Road reported a sheep on his property was causing issues.
1:50 p.m. — A woman from Highway 30 reported possible identity theft.
1:55 p.m. — A caller from Carrie Ann Lane reported possible child abuse.
2:21 p.m. — A caller from McCourtney Road reported a man brandishing a tire iron at passersby.
2:34 p.m. — A caller from Chaparral Circle reported losing $5,000 by fraud.
3:13 p.m. — Several callers from Dog Bar Road and Carrie Drive reported a small vegetation fire.
3:50 p.m. — A woman from Little Valley Road and Highway 49 reported she was thrown out of a vehicle last night, and her Xanax prescription was stolen.
4:24 p.m. — A caller from the 12000 block of Allison Ranch Road reported a physical fight. A witness said three people were chasing an elderly man down the road in a possible road rage incident.
5:19 p.m. — A caller from Hidden Valley Road reported a residential burglary with several items missing.
5:56 p.m. — A caller from Western Gateway Park reported two men in a Jeep chasing another man in a vehicle through the park.
7:14 p.m. — A caller from Lakeview Drive reported a drunken man had locked his parents out of the residence, had unplugged a landline and tried to assault his mother. The situation was mediated.
8:11 p.m. — A caller from Millpond Lane reported screaming; it might have been new puppies.
11:11 p.m. — A woman from Wolf Road reported a man vandalized a vehicle.
Nevada City Police Department
3:23 p.m. — A traffic accident was reported at Argall Way and Searls Avenue.
— Liz Kellar
Trending In: Local News
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Gold panning at Bridgeport begins today
- Repairs to PG&E canal expected next week; NID says fix comes just in time
- California neighborhood flooded: Residents floated through the streets on rafts and paddleboards laughing
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business