Police blotter: Hatchet-wielding Angolan terrorists reported
March 4, 2014
Grass Valley Police Department
10:48 a.m. — A caller from Celesta Drive reported a 16-year-old boy smoking marijuana in his room and refusing to stop; he was cited.
12:18 p.m. — A caller form Wendy Circle reported a boy knocked on the door and then refused to leave when told to "buzz off." He could not be located.
2:40 p.m. — A caller reported a sexual assault.
7:08 p.m. — A caller from the 2000 block of Nevada City Highway reported two men drinking alcohol on the stairs.
8:30 p.m. — A caller from the 100 block of West McKnight Way reported a shoplifter, who was cited and released.
2:27 a.m. — A caller from the 100 block of Catherine Lane reported a man overdosed on heroin; he was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance, booked and released on $1,000 bail.
2:59 a.m. — A woman from Rockwood Drive reported Angolan terrorists were trying to kill her with hatchets. No one was located. She was advised to stay inside for the night.
4:56 a.m. — A caller from Idaho-Maryland Road and Sutton Way reported a tree down across one lane of the road.
Nevada County Sheriff's Office
8:35 a.m. — A caller from the 13000 block of Lime Kiln Road reported an extremely malnourished horse; all the horses were OK.
11:09 a.m. — A caller from Banner Lava Cap Road and Mayflower Drive reported two vehicles possibly casing the area. No one was located.
2:11 p.m. — A caller from the 19000 block of Matthew Road reported a man shot a deer and carried it off in a possible poaching incident.
3:08 p.m. — A caller from Jayhawk Drive reported a runaway 11-year-old. Another caller reported the boy showed up at a residence with scratch marks all over his neck, stating he had been assaulted and it was an ongoing issue. A report was taken and the boy was released to CPS.
3:41 p.m. — A caller from the 10000 block of Quail Creek Road reported a residential burglary with a door kicked in.
3:58 p.m. — A man from the 20000 block of Tiger Tail Road reported the possible theft of a garage door opener.
7:48 p.m. — A caller from Alta Street reported promiscuous shooting; it was quiet when a deputy arrived.
8:59 p.m. — A caller from Hanley Drive and Raga Way reported hearing two gunshots; nothing was located.
Nevada City Police Department
9:42 p.m. — A caller from the 300 block of Broad Street reported two men in a physical fight.
11:43 p.m. — A caller from the 200 block of Broad Street reported a drunken man sleeping in an alley who left his bags and beer cans behind when he left.
— Liz Kellar
Trending In: Local News
- Humpty Dumpty’s Shirley Tellam to retire after six decades of service
- Strawberry Music Festival celebrates its fourth year in Nevada County
- Honoring Memorial Day in Nevada County
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum