Police Blotter: Bear in the garage
May 22, 2013
Grass Valley Police Department
8:15 a.m. — A caller from the 100 block of East Empire Street reported parties are possibly taking place every night in a parking lot and requested extra patrols.
9:45 a.m. — A caller from the 1400 block of Segsworth Way reported a transient sleeping in a play area, refusing to leave. He was moving on.
10:09 a.m. — A caller from the 100 block of Colfax Avenue reported a broken window at a business.
11:39 a.m. — A caller from the 2000 block of Nevada City Highway reported a woman screaming to call the police. A woman was off her meds and hit her mother in the eye. The situation was mediated.
12:04 p.m. — A caller reported a stolen vehicle.
3:12 p.m. — A caller from the 2000 block of Nevada City Highway reported a physical fight between two men, who then left the scene.
3:17 p.m. — A caller from Sutton Way reported a woman smoking marijuana in a vehicle.
3:49 p.m. — A woman from the 300 block of Mill Street reported the window had been broken out in her vehicle.
8:13 p.m. — A woman from the 600 block of Brighton Street reported the theft of an antenna from a vehicle.
8:26 p.m. — A caller from the 1800 block of East Main Street reported possible drug activity.
Nevada County Sheriff's Office
8:33 a.m. — A caller from the 13000 block of Loma Rica Drive reported finding drugs.
8:49 a.m. — A welfare check was requested for juveniles in the 11000 block of Spenceville Road. They reportedly were living with trash and syringes, no power and no food.
9:55 a.m. — A caller from the 15000 block of Liberty Circle reported play structures, doors and a shed were spray-painted over the weekend.
12:01 p.m. — A caller from the 15000 block of Auburn Road reported possible fraud.
12:43 p.m. — A caller from the 11000 block of Willow Valley Road reported the theft of a package.
2:11 p.m. — A caller from the 13000 block of Fawn Hill Drive reported a residence was burglarized on two separate occasions.
3:02 p.m. — A caller from the 17000 block of Blue Tent School Road reported a possible bear in a garage.
3:18 p.m. — A caller from the 14000 block of Rough and Ready Highway reported someone took an entire door off a vacant residence and sped away in a vehicle.
3:26 p.m. — A caller from the 10000 block of Rough and Ready Road reported someone was stealing items from a residence whose owner had died.
1:54 a.m. — A caller from Highway 49 and Tyler Foote Crossing Road reported hearing a loud crash; nothing was located.
Nevada City Police Department
4:52 p.m. — A caller from Zion Street reported a detained shoplifter.
5:42 p.m. — A caller from a business on North Pine Street reported a scam.
— Liz Kellar
Trending In: Local News
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Gold panning at Bridgeport begins today
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Repairs to PG&E canal expected next week; NID says fix comes just in time
- California neighborhood flooded: Residents floated through the streets on rafts and paddleboards laughing
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public