Planes: Fire & Rescue gets red carpet treatment
July 31, 2014
On Saturday, from 10 a.m. to noon, USFS, along with Cal Fire, will host visitors at the Grass Valley Interagency Air Attack Base. There will be guided air base tours and firefighting aircraft on display. In addition, a Helitack crew, smoke jumpers and other firefighting professionals will be on hand to answer questions. Grass Valley Air Attack Base, 13120 Loma Rica Drive, Grass Valley
Smokey Bear was on hand at Sierra Cinemas Friday for the 12:30 p.m. matinee premiere of Disney's "Planes: Fire & Rescue."
As Grass Valley's Interagency Air Attack Base was an inspiration for animated film, the U.S. Forest Service and Cal Fire on Saturday will offer guided tours of the base and aircraft, along with firefighting personnel on hand to answer questions.
The local chapter of the Experimental Aircraft Association will offer information on their Young Eagles program, which seeks to give young people the opportunity to experience the life of pilots.
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed