‘Pint Night’ supports county United Way
November 30, 2012
Smiley Guys SmokeHouse will host a Pint Night Thursday with Anderson Valley Brewing Company in support of the United Way of Nevada County.
From 5 to 9 p.m. Smiley Guys will donate 10 percent of the food sales — take-out orders are included — that night to the United Way of Nevada County and its 20 local partner agencies. In addition, Anderson Valley Brewing Co. will donate $1 for every pint purchased.
This year's United Way community impact areas are education, income and health.
In the impact area of education, the United Way volunteers are helping children and adults achieve their potential through education and mentoring programs. In the impact area of income, it is helping families and seniors become financially stable and independent by supporting basic needs. Through the impact area of health, it is improving people's health by increasing access to critical health care services and reducing substance abuse, child abuse and domestic violence. United Way is creating opportunities by focusing on these three building blocks for a good life.
The United Way of Nevada County is celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2012.
Smiley Guys SmokeHouse is located at 131 Joerschke Drive in Grass Valley. Call (530) 274-2933 for information or to order your take-out meal. Visit http://www.smileyguyssmokehouse.com or for information visit http://www.uwnc.org or call the United Way at (530) 274-8111.
Trending In: Local News
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Gold panning at Bridgeport begins today
- Repairs to PG&E canal expected next week; NID says fix comes just in time
- California neighborhood flooded: Residents floated through the streets on rafts and paddleboards laughing
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business