Penn Valley man sworn in as CHP officer
November 27, 2012
Penn Valley resident Jared Wambaugh has successfully completed the 27-week cadet training course at the California Highway Patrol Academy. He was sworn in and has been assigned to duty at the CHP’s Oakland office.
Wambaugh graduated with a degree in integral liberal arts from St. Mary’s College of California. He also served for more than six years in the U.S. Army, attaining the rank of Captain.
Prior to joining the CHP, Wambaugh was the general manager of Paco’s Tacos in Grass Valley.
Cadet training includes vehicle patrol, accident investigation, first aid, apprehension, and arrest of suspected violators, including those who drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Training at the academy also included traffic control, report writing, recovery of stolen vehicles, assisting the public, issuing citations, emergency scene management, and knowledge of the vehicle code and the penal code.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Autumn activities: Bridgeport Fall Festival (Photo Gallery)