Penn Valley man hit by vehicle
October 8, 2013
A Penn Valley man was hit by a vehicle after disobeying a crosswalk signal Friday evening, law enforcement officials said Monday.
Michael Wycliffe, 24, was attempting to cross Highway 20 at the intersection of Pleasant Valley Drive when a Toyota Corolla driven by Patricia Magliocca, 82, struck him, said California Highway Patrol Public Information Officer Greg Tassone.
The incident occurred at 10:58 p.m.
Wycliffe suffered minor to moderate injuries and was transported to Sutter Roseville Medical Center.
The hospital officially listed Wycliffe as in fair condition, Monday afternoon.
Other witnesses in the area said Wycliffe ignored a pedestrian signal advising him not to cross the road.
Wycliffe will not be cited, but it could be determined he is at fault, although part of the investigation is still pending, Tassone said.
It is unknown whether alcohol influenced Wycliffe's decision to cross the street.
Magliocca is not suspected of consuming alcohol.
"She was just proceeding through a green light," Tassone said.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Local News
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection