Penn Valley man hit by vehicle
October 8, 2013
A Penn Valley man was hit by a vehicle after disobeying a crosswalk signal Friday evening, law enforcement officials said Monday.
Michael Wycliffe, 24, was attempting to cross Highway 20 at the intersection of Pleasant Valley Drive when a Toyota Corolla driven by Patricia Magliocca, 82, struck him, said California Highway Patrol Public Information Officer Greg Tassone.
The incident occurred at 10:58 p.m.
Wycliffe suffered minor to moderate injuries and was transported to Sutter Roseville Medical Center.
The hospital officially listed Wycliffe as in fair condition, Monday afternoon.
Other witnesses in the area said Wycliffe ignored a pedestrian signal advising him not to cross the road.
Wycliffe will not be cited, but it could be determined he is at fault, although part of the investigation is still pending, Tassone said.
It is unknown whether alcohol influenced Wycliffe’s decision to cross the street.
Magliocca is not suspected of consuming alcohol.
“She was just proceeding through a green light,” Tassone said.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Local News
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Police blotter: Callers report Chinese hackers, clown in trees
- Grass Valley shooting death reportedly suicide