Pair cited for possession, might face pot sales charges
November 16, 2012
A man and a woman might be facing marijuana sales charges after Grass Valley Police officers responded to a report of suspicious activity at 49er Fun Park.
An alert citizen who knew all the businesses were closed at the time called in the report at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday, said Grass Valley Police officer Clint Bates. Officers responded and found Michael Alan Kryzopolski, 30, and Carrie Brown in a vehicle that was parked in the lot at the fun park on Railroad Avenue.
A search of Kryzopolski allegedly uncovered marijuana hash, a pipe and a syringe, Bates said. He was arrested on suspicion of possession of concentrated cannabis and drug paraphernalia, as well as committing a felony while on bail. He was being held in county jail in lieu of $11,000 bail.
Brown was cited on suspicion of driving on a suspended license, possessing more than one ounce of marijuana and violating probation.
Officers subsequently recovered 1 1/4 pounds of marijuana that had been stashed in some adjacent bushes, Bates said. A follow-up investigation determined there was a suspected drug deal occurring at that location, and both suspects will face additional charges of possessing a controlled substance for sale.
Trending In: Local News
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Gold panning at Bridgeport begins today
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Repairs to PG&E canal expected next week; NID says fix comes just in time
- California neighborhood flooded: Residents floated through the streets on rafts and paddleboards laughing
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public