Overturned vehicle on Highway 49 at S. Auburn Street
November 8, 2013
A vehicle overturned on Highway 49 near the South Auburn Street exit around 2 p.m. Monday.
Grass Valley resident Dicksie Bilder, 86, was driving her Ford Explorer south on Highway 49, tried to move into the other lane, realized a driver was in the other lane, moved back into her lane and hit the highway divider, according to California Highway Patrol Officer Mark Zelhart.
Her tires rolled up against the wall, and her vehicle flipped over, landing on its roof, Zelhart said.
Bilder was the only one in the Explorer, and no other vehicles were involved in the accident.
She is in stable condition, Zelhart said, but because of a major laceration on the nose and a large contusion on the left cheek, it was advised she be flown by helicopter to Sutter Roseville Medical Center.
Traffic was reduced to a single lane, Zelhart said, adding the incident took about an hour to resolve.
To contact Staff Writer Jennifer Terman, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4230.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Police blotter: Koran-quoting caller spawns terrorist concerns
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project