Officials investigate fatal cyclist crash at Truckee roundabout
November 29, 2012
TRUCKEE — Officials are investigating a fatal vehicle-versus-cyclist collision that occurred at the central Truckee roundabout Saturday afternoon, according to the Truckee Police Department.
Truckee Police and Truckee Fire Protection District units were dispatched Saturday to the scene at the roundabout west of downtown, near the McIver Crossing, according to an online TPD report.
Officials found several people performing first aid on the bicyclist — identified Sunday as 45-year-old Robert Koechlin Jr. of Los Gatos — at which point Truckee Fire took over life-saving efforts and transported Koechlin to Tahoe Forest Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Alcohol or drugs do not appear to be a factor in the collision, according to TPD, which first reported the incident online through Nixle at 2:55 p.m. Saturday.
— The Union news service
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (video)
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations (VIDEO)