Northern California man emerges as focus of Reno hospital shooting
December 19, 2013
RENO, Nev. — A 51-year-old man from rural Northern California has emerged as the focus of the investigation into a Reno hospital shooting.
Plumas County Sheriff Greg Hagwood says his agency helped Reno police execute a search warrant Wednesday at the home of Alan Oliver Frazier near Lake Almanor.
Reno police have not confirmed whether Frazier was the gunman who shot three people and killed himself at a urology clinic this week. They have been trying to notify next of kin before releasing a name.
Reno police say there was only one suspect in the shooting.
Hagwood says Frazier lived alone and had no significant contact with law enforcement in about two decades living in Plumas County.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project