Northern California man emerges as focus of Reno hospital shooting
December 19, 2013
RENO, Nev. — A 51-year-old man from rural Northern California has emerged as the focus of the investigation into a Reno hospital shooting.
Plumas County Sheriff Greg Hagwood says his agency helped Reno police execute a search warrant Wednesday at the home of Alan Oliver Frazier near Lake Almanor.
Reno police have not confirmed whether Frazier was the gunman who shot three people and killed himself at a urology clinic this week. They have been trying to notify next of kin before releasing a name.
Reno police say there was only one suspect in the shooting.
Hagwood says Frazier lived alone and had no significant contact with law enforcement in about two decades living in Plumas County.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Nevada County Captures: Firefighters battle fires; scenes from local fires