Northern California man emerges as focus of Reno hospital shooting
December 19, 2013
RENO, Nev. — A 51-year-old man from rural Northern California has emerged as the focus of the investigation into a Reno hospital shooting.
Plumas County Sheriff Greg Hagwood says his agency helped Reno police execute a search warrant Wednesday at the home of Alan Oliver Frazier near Lake Almanor.
Reno police have not confirmed whether Frazier was the gunman who shot three people and killed himself at a urology clinic this week. They have been trying to notify next of kin before releasing a name.
Reno police say there was only one suspect in the shooting.
Hagwood says Frazier lived alone and had no significant contact with law enforcement in about two decades living in Plumas County.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County