North San Juan man injured in solo crash
June 17, 2014
A North San Juan man reportedly sustained multiple fractures in a solo-vehicle accident Saturday.
Gregory Williams, 36, was driving a Nissan Altima south on Highway 49, south of Marysville Road, at about 10:10 p.m., said California Highway Patrol spokesman Greg Tassone.
Williams said he fell asleep at the wheel while driving from Dobbins to North San Juan, and failed to follow a sweeping left curve in the roadway, leaving the road and hitting a large pine tree.
Williams' vehicle then spun down a hillside, and was not visible from the road, Tassone said.
A passing motorist head Williams' calls for help, located him and notified emergency responders, with the help of other passing motorists.
Williams reportedly sustained a compound fracture to the left leg, a fracture to the right wrist and a number of lacerations and abrasions. He was flown to Enloe Medical Center in Chico.
The CHP is investigating, and said drug and alcohol were not factors in the accident.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws