NID to waive penalties for furloughed federal workers
October 11, 2013
NID to waive penalties for furloughed workers
Local U.S. Government employees who have been furloughed because of the federal budget impasse will have one less bill to worry about.
The Nevada Irrigation District board of directors voted unanimously on Wednesday to extend water bill payment periods for furloughed workers. The board also voted to waive penalties and interest on the accounts for up to 60 days after the furloughs are terminated.
NID Finance Manager Jim Malberg said it is unknown how many furloughed workers are district customers, but he noted there are several federal employers serving the area, including the U.S. Forest Service and Beale Air Force Base.
NID customers on federal furlough are invited to contact the district and sign up for the service. Call NID Customer Service at (530) 273-6185 or (800) 222-4102.
— Submitted to
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project