New sign for Nevada County fair 4-H food booth
May 21, 2013
Erin Dettner, a member of the Grass Valley 4-H club for 10 years, current All Star and Jr. Rabbit County Coordinator, decided to thank 4-H and make a new sign for the food booth at the fairgrounds. This was her senior project at Nevada Union High School and her second Emerald Star project for 4-H. Dettner had two mentors, Nevada County Food Booth Chairman Joe Lester and Nevada Union High School Ag mechanics teacher Luke Browning.
“I am completely satisfied with the final product I have created, and I hope the community will appreciate it as well,” she said. “I learned to have a lot of patience in the shop, as well as a better knowledge of the computer technology that we are using today. I feel like this is a wonderful way to thank the Nevada County 4-H program for shaping me into the person I am today, and giving me the experiences and the friendships I will cherish forever.”
Dettner had help from Sierra Metal Fabrication, which provided discounted 10-gauge metal that was used, and BK Powder Coating, which donated the powder coating on the new sign.
The new sign was recently installed to be ready for the upcoming county fair.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project