New art studio opens in Glenbrook Basin
August 14, 2012
Nevada County artist Lynn Rose Light has announced the opening of her new studio, Got Art, in Grass Valley
On the corner of Brunswick Road and Sutton Way, art lovers can visit the studio and browse her collection.
Light has been an artist for 45 years and has studied at California State University, Chico, the San Francisco Art Institute and Sarah Lawrence College in France. She focuses mainly in water color and oil paintings and bronze sculptures.
“The sculpture is all figurative, waxes, contemporary-realistic,” said Light. “The water colors feature southern ball dresses, French landscapes and large-scale realistics.”
Light’s work is described as very colorful, realistic and expressionist.
847 Sutton Way, Grass Valley
10 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday
Owner: Lynn Rose Light
Trending In: Local News
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Gold panning at Bridgeport begins today
- Repairs to PG&E canal expected next week; NID says fix comes just in time
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- California neighborhood flooded: Residents floated through the streets on rafts and paddleboards laughing
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public