Nevada County unites for One Billion Rising
February 17, 2014
On Friday, Nevada County residents joined with activists around the world for One Billion Rising for Justice.
Last year, in Nevada County, more than 1,000 people joined together for One Billion Rising. This year, they focused on the issue of justice for all survivors of gender violence and on ending the rampant impunity that prevails globally.
The free event was organized by the Nevada County Coalition of One Billion Rising Nevada County, consisting of local organizations and individuals, including See Jane Do, DVSAC, SAVVY, Women Waking the World, Gather the Women, Jazzercise, Rhythms Fitness Studio, Fran Cole and Loraine Webb. Participants gathered on the steps of the Nevada County Courthouse on Church Street in Nevada City and then danced through the town.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin