Nevada County UnCut: A progressive response to economic shock therapy
March 29, 2011
Around the country, cutbacks are being proposed and pushed through with great speed.
Progressive groups, inspired by recent events in Egypt and Wisconsin, are rising to the occasion and calling for a sane, reasoned, and equitable approach to the crisis at hand.
A group in Nevada City demonstrated Saturday at Bank of America in downtown Nevada City.
Other groups around the United States are engaging in similar actions that demonstrate the will of the people to protect essential programs and services from cutbacks and to demand that such services be paid for by the banks and other mega-corporations that currently dodge taxes and dominate economic policy.
A newly-emerging organization called US Uncut, modeled on UK Uncut, is planning autonomous but coordinated actions in over 30 locations nationwide. (See http://www.usuncut.org)
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County